Creativity As A Spiritual Response

affection appreciation decoration design

Photo by Carl Attard on Pexels.com

November = Gratitude

We have come to the end of the month and our focus on gratitude.  As with the themes of previous months, this  current month’s focus will continue to work deeply and quietly away in me.  I hope that it will in you as well.

If I previously assumed that gratitude would be a trite topic for this month which in the United States has focused on a mid-term election, Veterans Day, the 100th Anniversary of the World War 1 Armistice, and Thanksgiving Day, I was mistaken. A few of the profound images that have emerged for me are of fire, the Hindu God Shiva dancing, breath, and planting bulbs.  Certainly not what I expected.  And for that, and so much more, I am deeply grateful.

If you have joined me in this month’s reflection, I wonder what awareness has emerged for you?  What images?  What surprises?  Please share your experience in the comment section below.

8 thoughts on “Creativity As A Spiritual Response

1. Trilby Johnson - The Connective says:

November was my first month back after a 6 weeks vacation back to Europe and a wonderful cruise of the Greek Isles. I was so grateful to come home to New Zealand and it was lovely to catch up with my friends and clients here. I felt refreshed and invigorated. It’s been a great month. Thank you for asking.

2. Trilby Johnson says:

3. Vatsala Shukla says:

November turned out to be a month filled with Hindu festivals starting with Ma Durga’s Navratri and onto Diwali, other festivals and then Guru Nanak’s birthday along with historical events too. On a practical level, I’m grateful November is over because there were too many bank holidays. 🙂

But it was also a month to be grateful for the presence and time spent with loved ones, whether living or in Heaven which included my maternal grandmother, maternal grandfather, mother, sister, brother-in-law and a beloved pet Bruno who are/were November born.

4. ckkochis2017 says:

Yes, I agree. The experiences of November were different than I anticipated, as well. I am grateful for the continued love and support, kindness and gracefulness I receive. Life is an amazing adventure.

5. heathermaria1234 says:

Not too many surprises but a lot regarding forgiveness and a new way of life. Something I continue working on. I also have a great deal of gratitude for being able to help inspire and enlighten others which has shown up more so over the last couple of months.

6. Lore Raymond says:

I agree, November showed up very differrently for many as you so aptly described. For me, I walked through the unexpected portals of grief–7 dear ones left this earth. Two were mom’s of dear friends sharpening my awareness around my86 years-young mom’s mortality, and the others were MY age, again an intense focus.

Lessons learned: Life is finite so FORGIVE OFTEN and LOVE LOTS!

7. Lore Raymond says:

It has been an interesting month for sure! Yes, fire, Shiva, death, destruction and much more played into my life. I continue to walk through the portals of death with the news of seven dear ones leaving this earth–most of them COMPLETE surprises and transitioninig at ages 67 and 64–too close to my 65.
    Two others were mothers of close friends–again too close as my dearest and most precious mom is 86 years young and in good health.

The lesson: LIFE IS PRECIOUS and FINITE. Forgive all, LOVE all, and BE HAPPY!