Caring For The Earth As A Spiritual Practice

Welcome to the month of April!

This month, we will be reflecting on caring for the earth as a Spiritual Practice.

To be sure, reflecting on the earth and the environment is hardly a unique topic for a month that includes Earth Day, April 22. We all will be hearing about the global environment repeatedly and with good reason. Our earthly home is indeed fragile.

I will however move through the month making slightly different inquires. Some of these inquiries are:

• How does one’s intention to care for the earth lead to spiritual practices? What new practices might emerge or are emerging?
  • Does caring for the earth enable our individual and collective spirit to grow or diminish? If so, how might that growth or diminishment appear?

What do you think? Please comment below.

During the month of April, I will be updating my website. There are guaranteed to be some changes which may create some anxiety because the site will feel different. I am hoping that everything goes smoothly. Once the changes are made your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

With much love,

Meghan

9 thoughts on “Caring For The Earth As A Spiritual Practice

1. Lisa Hutchison says:

Great points to ponder Meghan. I find the more I am grounded and care for myself, the more I connect with the Earth. I love spending time in nature and sending healing energy to the plants, animals and trees.

• Earthenware Ministry says:

Sending that healing energy is so important. I hope that you also consciously receive the healing energy that the plants, the animals and trees give so freely to us.

2. krystal says:

To me, being part of the whole, means being a part of the earth. As an extension of this beautiful earth and an inhabitant, I want to offer back to the earth just as much as I receive from it! <3

3. inspiringstepmoms says:

Hi Meghan. I think that we all need to think of our planet as a very fragile place that we all share. Actions speak louder than words and this is where we need to put action behind caring for our eco system like the animals, the plants, the air, the water. I just hope that people don’t wait until it’s too late to do something about it.

4. Claudette Chenevert says:

• Earthenware Ministry says:

Thanks Claudette. Our individual actions, as well as corporate actions make a difference positively or less so. I believe that our response is predicated on our relationship with the earth. For some, particularly dwellers in urban communities, that relationship may be tentative at best.